Standard Unoccupied Home Insurance

Get A Quote

Protect your unoccupied property undergoing works

Provided by Abacus


When a property is unoccupied it is open to more risks than usual, such as vandalism or theft. As a result your cover on your standard home insurance will be very limited.

There are many reasons why a home can be unoccupied, from you working over seas for a long period or it’s waiting for probate to be completed. This is why we offer flexible cover from 3 to 12 months, so the policy can suit you whatever your needs are.

Unoccupied Undergoing Works Insurance

What can be covered

Fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake
Subsidence, heave or landslip
Escape of oil or water
Accidental damage
Theft or attempted theft

Get a quick quote online, with instant cover.

By clicking this link you will be taken to the insurers portal.

Related Articles

Could a Review into the Ogden Rate Cut Insurance Premiums?

We all prefer to get things for less than we had expected them to cost. This is especially true with insurance. Many people feel uncomfortable with the price of insurance – because they may never use what they are paying for. A review into The Ogden Rate could lower...

Would You Switch Your Delivery Van to Electric?

There are more delivery drivers on the road than ever before. This means that there are more vans on the road too. The DVLA estimate that the total number of vans on UK roads has exceeded 4 million for the first time. One fifth of all road traffic is vans. This means...

What Do I Do If My Van is Seized?

You need your van to be out on the road. Whatever you use it for - whether it is for courier work, business use or simply every day driving – you need to be able to use your van. You won’t be able to use it however, if the police seize it. Instead, it will be locked...

How Can We Help?