There are many different types of property insurance for every type of need. We outline the key ones for homes and businesses.

Unoccupied Property Insurance

This is for when your property is vacant for a long period of time. You can buy unoccupied insurance for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months at a time. This means there is always a policy to suit your individual needs.

When a home is unoccupied it is seen as a higher risk, because it isn’t checked as frequently. It is therefore more susceptible to fire damage or vandalism.

Landlord Insurance

Landlords insurance is for those who rent out their properties, whether this be one or any.

There are many different types of landlord insurance. This includes home emergency, legal and rent guarantee.

When you rent out a home it is out of your control so it is important to protect it from any damage.

Thatch Insurance

Due to the materials, thatched houses are a bigger risk to claims of damages, especially fire. As a result a home owner to a thatch property will have to seek specialist insurance, as many regular home insurance policies do not cover them.

Holiday Home Insurance

This is also known as second home insurance. It’s a home either in the same country or abroad that is used frequently throughout the year but is not the policy holder’s main residence.

Business Property Insurance

Every business needs adequate insurance in place. This is to help them recover whenever anything unexpected happens.

Business need to insure themselves against liability, or to help their employees.

Shop insurance

Specialist insurance for shops is essential. This is because different shops are open to different risks. For example a clothes store has different requirements from their insurers than a takeaway shop.

If you are unsure of the insurance that you need, whether for your home or business, call our team today. They will be happy to advise you and pick a policy that matches your individual needs.