Call 0800 223 0351
for quick quotes & instant cover today!
What options do you have for impounded car insurance?
With an impounded vehicle there are two main options for your insurance, and these depend on what you would like to do with your vehicle after it’s released.
Short Term Impounded Car Insurance
30 day short term impounded car insurance / impounded van insurance policy
Alternative insurance offers a range of short term policies designed to release an impounded vehicle.
- Range of short term policies
- Third party only
- Insured only to drive unless a provisional or revoked licence holder
- Policy holder must be the registered keeper and legal owner of the impounded car
- Provisional Licence Holders
Annual Impounded Car Insurance
Annual long term Impounded car insurance / impounded van insurance
Another option available when getting impounded car insurance would be to take out an annual impound insurance policy. This is especially beneficial for those looking to keep the vehicle once released. This can be a more cost effective way of releasing the vehicle because the payment can be split into a deposit followed by monthly installments.
- Full years cover
- Allows named drivers to be added the policy
- Allows premium to be paid in monthly installments
- Offers fully comprehensive on most vehicle (as opposed to 30 day short term being third party only).
What documents you need to get your impounded car released
Once you have the correct impounded car insurance in place, there is a checklist of documents you need to take to the impound with you to release your vehicle. This includes:
- Driving license
- Impounded car insurance documents
- Proof of ownership
If you have any further questions on what can be a very stressful time, call our team for advice on 0800 223 0351.
Finally, if you’re unsure of where your vehicle has been taken then visit this website to see how you can find where it is.
What our customers have to say
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.