MS90 Conviction Car Insurance

Get A Quote
Getting convicted car insurance doesn’t have to be difficult with a MS90 conviction.

If you are in an accident, you are required to provide evidence of who was driving the car to the police. If you fail to do this, you could be issued with an MS90 conviction. This puts 6 points on your licence, and a conviction that stays there for 4 years from the date of the offence.

When you get an MS90 conviction on your licence, you might find it much harder to get car insurance. This is because Insurers will likely see you as a greater risk. People with convictions are not all dangerous drivers, nor are they all likely to commit offences in the future. However, insurers are likely to be cautious with drivers who have been convicted in the past.

At Alternative Insurance Brokers, we specialise in finding insurance for people, regardless of what kind of driving history they have. We focus on what you need your insurance to do, and search the market as wide as possible to find the right policy for you. We have the right experience of the industry, and breadth of knowledge of the market to help you get back on the road.


Cover Details


Business miles as an Add-On

Comprehensive, Fire and Theft, and Third Party Only

Wide range of other convictions covered

No conviction limit, as long as it is a valid license

What We Offer


Emailed Documents

Wide range of insurers

Specialist team 

Convicted Car Insurance FAQs

What other convictions can you cover?

We can cover a range of convictions, resulting from driving with no insurance or licence, dangerous driving, driving under the influence and much more. Click Here to see the full list of convictions that we can cover.

How long will a conviction code be on my license?

This will depend on the type conviction that you have. The minimum requirement is 4 years, but it can be up to as much as 11 years. Click Here for full details.

Is there a limit on convictions?

There is no limit on the number of convictions you can have on your licence, or non motoring convictions. As long as you have a valid license we will be able to look at getting you a quote.

I have non motoring convictions, do I still need to declare them?

Yes – all convictions, whether motoring ones or not, need to be declared. All policies are carried out with a DVLA check, so any that are not disclosed to us will be added too.

I have pending convictions that may or may not be added, do I still have to declare them?

Yes – any convictions that may be added on need to be declared too. If it turns out they won’t be added, then your premium will be adjusted accordingly.

Get A Quote

Recent Articles

Is fleet insurance for you?

Hesitant about adding a new addition to your garage because of the premium and administrative process of yet another motor insurance? Consider getting fleet insurance to keep multiple vehicles insured at the same time.    What is fleet insurance? Instead of...

How to provide protection to your unoccupied home as a landlord

Insurance provides financial protection in case of unexpected events, such as theft, fire or natural disasters. If you own an unoccupied apartment, insurance can help safeguard your investment and give you peace of mind. Unoccupied apartments can be particularly...

4 things to double-check when you buy your travel insurance

As the holiday season approaches, some of you might have already booked and geared up for a holiday trip. However, besides plane and tickets, travel insurance is something you do not want to stint on to ensure a safe, delightful journey. Besides making sure you got...

Modified Car Insurance: A Guide

Modified Car Insurance 101   Many car owners turn to car modifications when it comes to enhancing vehicles' performances and aesthetics. Whilst driving around with upgraded cars is an exceptional experience, some might be concerned that modified car insurances are way...

The FCA probes into the issue of high insurance premiums for tenants

As the rate of inflation rises rapidly, the majority of the British population are taking a severe hit on their spending capacity. Consumer prices have risen to 9.4% since 2021, the highest recorded rate ever since February 1982. The Financial Conduct Authority have...