Food Delivery Insurance

Get A Quote

Food Delivery Insurance

If you deliver food and other groceries to peoples’ homes and places of business, you will need to get specialist insurance that properly protects you. Normal car or van insurance will not cover you to make deliveries. This is because there are different risks involved in making deliveries. At Alternative Insurance Brokers, we specialise in finding the policies that people need. Our Food Delivery Insurance policies cover what you really need them to.

Tailored to your Business

Every business is different. We know that what you deliver, where you deliver to and how many drop offs you make matters. Your insurance needs to work for you, and your business. That’s why we get to know you, and what you need your food delivery insurance to do. We cover grocers, farm shops, veg-box companies and many other people who might need Food Delivery Insurance.

We’ll need to know some basic information about you. Then, we need to know a bit about your vehicle and the sort of deliveries you do. After that, we can cover you for up to 30 days on a short term Food Delivery Insurance policy. We provide third party cover, so you can get out on the road and start making deliveries as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Contact Alternative Insurance Brokers today for a quote, and get out on the road.

Cover Details


Third Part Insurance

30 Day Policies

Goods in Transit available

Optional courier breakdown cover

What We Offer


Search the market for the best price

Tailor policies to meet your needs

Friendly and experienced brokers

Flexible payment options

Food Delivery Insurance FAQs

What kind of vehicles do you cover?

Alternative Insurance Brokers cover all kinds of vehicles used in food delivery. The largest size we cover that comes under food delivery insurance is 3.5 tonnes. Any larger vehicles would need HGV insurance.

Why do I need Food Delivery Insurance - not Business Insurance?

We understand that delivering food is your business. However, business insurance will not cover the vehicles your business uses.

Business insurance is more for the running of your business, and covers you for things such as liability and loss of license. Food Delivery Insurance is specifically for the vehicles that you use in making your deliveries.

It is essential to have a specific policy cover in place, as standard insurance more often than not excludes delivery use. This is because of the addtional risks that couriers face.

Can I still drive my van at the weekend?

Our food delivery insurance will still cover your van for social, domestic and pleasure usage. This means that you’ll still be covered to drive the vehicle outside of work.

Get A Quote

Recent Articles

Is fleet insurance for you?

Hesitant about adding a new addition to your garage because of the premium and administrative process of yet another motor insurance? Consider getting fleet insurance to keep multiple vehicles insured at the same time.    What is fleet insurance? Instead of...

How to provide protection to your unoccupied home as a landlord

Insurance provides financial protection in case of unexpected events, such as theft, fire or natural disasters. If you own an unoccupied apartment, insurance can help safeguard your investment and give you peace of mind. Unoccupied apartments can be particularly...

4 things to double-check when you buy your travel insurance

As the holiday season approaches, some of you might have already booked and geared up for a holiday trip. However, besides plane and tickets, travel insurance is something you do not want to stint on to ensure a safe, delightful journey. Besides making sure you got...

Modified Car Insurance: A Guide

Modified Car Insurance 101   Many car owners turn to car modifications when it comes to enhancing vehicles' performances and aesthetics. Whilst driving around with upgraded cars is an exceptional experience, some might be concerned that modified car insurances are way...

The FCA probes into the issue of high insurance premiums for tenants

As the rate of inflation rises rapidly, the majority of the British population are taking a severe hit on their spending capacity. Consumer prices have risen to 9.4% since 2021, the highest recorded rate ever since February 1982. The Financial Conduct Authority have...